Start Guide Mac OS X 10.5
From BUG Wiki
NOTE: These instructions are for OS X 10.5 only. At this time the USB networking is not supported under MAC OSX 10.6. If you are running 10.6, we recommend connecting your BUG directly to your LAN via wifi or a USB ethernet dongle. Do not install the USBCDC-G_ether driver on OS X 10.6.
Download USBCDC-G_ether.zip Driver
- Right click the link below and save to a folder of your choice.
- Double click the file to unzip the package.
- Double click the package.
- Select 'Continue'.
- On the Software License Agreement, read the contents and select 'Continue'.
- Select 'Agree'.
- Select the destination and 'Continue'.
- Select 'Install'.
- Enter your name and password.
- Select 'OK'.
- Select 'Continue Installation'.
- Select 'Restart'.
- Turn BUG on by sliding the On/Off switch to the left. The switch will slide back and BUG will boot up. You will see the base buttons and LCD light up.
- Plug in your BUG via the USB cable.
- When the new network interface is detected, select 'Network Preferences'.
- In the Configure dropdown, select 'Manually'.
- In the 'IP Address' form field, enter 10.10.10.1
- In the 'Subnet mask' form field enter 255.255.255.0
- Leave the remaining fields empty and select 'Apply'.