R1.4.3 Release notes
From BUG Wiki
Overview of Changes
- Software support for BUGwifi module.
- Software support for enhanced power management functionality.
- BUG base suspend/resume.
- BUG module suspend/resume (see known issues).
- Wifi driver fixes for firmware installation on boot.
- iptables support for masquerade, bridging.
- Sierra wireless GSM module USB/serial support version 1.7.2.
- Preliminary support for unreleased BUG Sensor module.
- Improved support for unreleased BUG GSM module.
- Restart Concierge application icon available via matchbox interface.
- Shutdown/Reboot/Suspend icons available via matchbox interface.
- Connman UI icon fix.
- Connman tweaks for wifi access points.
- ifplugd manages eth0 for automatic ip/routing removal upon physical disconnection.
- ntpclient manages OS system time.
- BUGapps are manageable via GUI interface. Documentation.
- Avahi implemented and new _bugdevice._tcp service advertised (replaces Java SLP)
- Suspend/resume functionality present in base menu.
- BUGdash application shipped by default. Details are available here.
- AppUI application shipped by default.
- New BUG 'graphite' matchbox theme.
- Concierge starts fresh with each start, no bundle caching.
- New web template engine: sewing
- BUG OS version available as a system property: bug.os.version
- BUG hardware version available as a system property: bug.base.version
- Provide Java-Bluetooth API: http://redmine.buglabs.net/issues/show/405
- Support for BUG GSM module
- Basic IOCTL's for LEDs (IModuleLEDController)
- pppd for data connections. supported/tested peers: tmobile, at&t.
- Improved accelerometer performance: lower overhead of giving clients direct access to input stream.
- Better error handling: logging added in places where errors were being ignored.
- Base menu enhancement: when child node selected, node flashes to show execution.
- Faster startup of Concierge
- Stable and consistent startup for BUGapps: BUG apps install and start like system bundles and are only loaded after system is completely running.
- Simple REST client API available by default for all BUG apps. Redmine Issue.
- Shell/Terminal OSGi service available for clients that want to execute shell commands. Redmine Issue. Documentation.
- Virtual keyboard from Matchbox invokable from BUGapp. Redmine Issue.
- Coldplug works for Audio and Sensor modules. Redmine Issue Redmine Issue
- Linux inotify service available to BUGapps via the JNotify project. Documentation.
- PhoneME remote debug package is installable along side the default PhoneME package.
- jSLP deprecated, replaced with Avahi for remote service discovery.
- Enhancements to HttpServlet implementation & PublicWSAdmin to properly parse url-encoded http form post and support cookies.
- OS version identified in /etc/buildinfo, ex R1.4.3.
- Improved default networking configuration for wifi, usbnet, and wired ethernet.
- Soft shutdown via power switch as well as base LCD menu and matchbox.
- Base LCD bootup interface now shows progress bar and current state indicator. Redmine Issue.
Javadoc is available online at http://bugcommunity.com/development/javadoc/r1.4.3/.
- Suspend/Resume does not work with LCD and GPS modules attached to BUG. 
- BUG may connect to unprotected AP without connman-gnome updating UI. 
190 HTTP Service Resource Handling 191 HTTP Service Resource Name Registration Incorrect 223 dropbear config: no user/pass required for ssh sessions 288 setDelayMode to 0 causes MotionAccelerometerSampleStream to throw NPE 339 BUG connection over usb (to MAC) must be unplugged and reattached after every reboot 360 MENU Bundle can't be restarted if it has been stopped 378 AudioTestCase: Removing App doesn't remove it from memory 382 LCD Accelerometer stream: X Y axis don't behave as expected 425 R1.3 only: JNI BMI_MDACC_ACCELEROMETER_GET_CONFIG ioctl failed: Bad file descriptor 455 wifi module: wifi connection never recovers after a remove/insert of module 457 Statusbar Menu - Modules > GPS > Antenna: is always set to Active 472 uboot fails to build 475 Intermittent: on insert Von Hippel module freezes with leds on steady 476 Known issue: RNDIS Ethernet Gadget Device Driver not found using Windows 7 477 Suspend: BUG fails to suspend when LCD, Motion and GPS attached 478 Connman UI: Unsecured APs connect automatically but GUI doesn't reflect connected status 479 GUI desktop - Settings > Appearance > Sato theme: Battery Icon is always at 1/3 even when battery is fully charged 481 ServiceFilterGenerator.generateServiceFilter(List services) exception
Report a Defect
- The best place to get help with a potential defect is to go to our IRC channel between the hours of 9AM to 6PM EST.