Where is the console output?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
peter2

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:02 am    Post subject: Where is the console output? Reply with quote

Hi there,
I am wondering where System.out.println and the OSGi console is showing up when I send my application to the bug from the SDK?

Cheers

/peter
peter2

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry, found the OSGi console in the Wiki, will try to get on with system.out too ...
davidvondle

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:44 pm    Post subject: Same Problem Reply with quote

I'm following the "Hello World" tutorial, but there is no mention of where I would see "Hello World"
agordon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, davidvondle.

After saving Activator.java, start a Virtual BUG instance, then watch the console pane in Eclipse/Dragonfly. You should see that "Hello World Smile" string mixed in with all of the other output in there. If it's hard to spot, maybe try editing the source to say "***** HELLO WORLD! *****" or something to make it stand out a bit more.

You can also type bundles in the console to see which bundles are loaded in your VBUG. In mine, HelloWorld shows up as bundle #17. So, to re-run it to see its output again, I just type: stop 17 followed by start 17.
agordon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The wiki page is updated:

http://bugcommunity.com/wiki/index.php/Create_a_basic_application
davidvondle

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:46 pm    Post subject: On the bug base Reply with quote

OK, I got confused because I am trying to debug programs on an actual bug base. Can I see those messages on a console on the Bug View? I am looking for the function to send text to the Bug Base LCD and can't find it. I also tried the bug base "hello world" and all it does is seem to remove the timer from the screen.

I'm trying to figure out why the LED test program for the VonHippel board doesn't work on an actual Bug, and I figured if I could get some output to the screen I could at least send debug events to the LCD...
agordon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see that jconnolly changed the status of BUGbase_helloworld (http://buglabs.net/applications/BUGbase_helloworld) to Beta since it doesn't seem to work. I'll try to follow up with him today to see if we can figure out what's going on regarding that, and get back to you here.
kengilmer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Smile

You can tail /var/log/concierge.log to see program output. To see on the LCD module, you'd need to open a terminal and run tail from there. You can also telnet to the OSGI console on port 8090 and use the 'printlog' command to see the latest BUG log data. Hope that helps.

Bug Labs
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bug Labs Forum Index -> BUG SDK All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: