BUGview Slot Restrictions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
finsprings

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:00 pm    Post subject: BUGview Slot Restrictions Reply with quote

It seems as if BUGview only works in the top-right or bottom-right slots of the BUGbase. For me, if I put it in the top-left or bottom-left slots it shows only multi-coloured pixels all over the screen. Is this expected? I thought I saw John say something about slots 1 and 3 but I don't know where the numbering starts.

Are there any other slot restrictions?
finsprings

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see that top-left is slot 0 from the menu on the bug, 1 is top-right, 2 is bottom-left and 3 is bottom-right. So 1 and 3 matches what I thought I saw John mention.
jconnolly
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

finsprings wrote:
I see that top-left is slot 0 from the menu on the bug, 1 is top-right, 2 is bottom-left and 3 is bottom-right. So 1 and 3 matches what I thought I saw John mention.

You're right, until the next release we've limited the display to render only on frame-buffer 1 (/dev/fb1), which displays on the BUGview module in slots 1 and 3. We ran into some configuration and driver complications with the dual LCDs or dual xservers. We're working on that now and hope to have it sorted out soon.

It is worth mentioning though that normal display on slots 0 and 2 is the random pixelated data that you've described. A white "flashlight" effect is indicative of a problem, usually remedied with a restart.

The only other restriction of module placement is with the BUGcam and BUGview modules. The problem occurs when these two modules are connected on opposing sides of the BUGbase, (slots 1 and 3, or 0 and 2). I believe this stems from from a power control problem in the driver, which we also hope to have solved with the next kernel and rootfilesystem release.
| Join the bug-dev email list:
| http://lists.buglabs.net
| jconnolly on IRC:
| irc://irc.freenode.net/buglabs
------------------------------------------------------
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bug Labs Forum Index -> BUGmodules All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: